Zapu System Of Governance
ZAPU’s mission is, together with the people of Zimbabwe, to develop a democratic state, a state that respects, promotes and protects human rights without distinction of any kind, such as ethnicity, race, language, sex, religion, and political or other opinions,. It is a state which is owned by all its citizens, and who are its supreme authority.
Restoring hope, dignity and progress
The Zimbabwe African People's Union (ZAPU) has a long history of spearheading the fight for those rights and has resumed its autonomous existence outside the Unity Accord of 1987. The revived ZAPU will restore the people's hopes and provide a platform for installation of a truly democratic, accountable government built on the founding principles of equity, civil liberties and dignity for all and unflinching commitment to the rule of law.
- Zapu System Of Governance
- Affirm and respect the constitution of the land and adhere to the letter and spirit of the provisions of the declaration of rights.
- Establish a lean Executive based on the principle of collective responsibility and accountability to Parliament and the people.
- Streamline and restructure the governmental system to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish an appropriate Parliamentary Committee to vet nominees for ministerial appointments to ensure that ministries are headed by competent women and men committed to serving the people.
- Reduce the large size of Parliament for cost-effectiveness
- Uphold the principle of the autonomy/independency of the Judiciary.
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.